Class One Fresh Produce Limited recognises the need for sustainable development and continually aims to reduce the environmental effect of its activities and co-operate with all the communities in which we operate.
To achieve this we will establish sound environmental management by:
- Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of
- Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance
- by regular review.
- Consider environmental issues in the decision-making process.
- Continue to develop relationships with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise
- our environmental responsibilities.
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible
- Promoting an appreciation of our environmental performance among customers,
- employees and the general public.Expanding the use of reusable plastic trays and crates for packing our orders or
- recyclable cardboard where this is not possible.
- Continue to compact all our waste cardboard and send the bales for recycling.
- When assessing new suppliers, taking their impact on the environment and their locality
- into our decision-making process.
- Reduce our use of single-use plastic bags for packing.
- Continue to only sell free-range eggs and not caged hen eggs.
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses of by-products
- whenever economically viable.
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout our operations.
- Provide information for our products to be properly used, stored and disposed of so as to
- avoid unacceptable waste and negative impacts on the environment.
- Working with our customers to help reduce food waste and cut unnecessary deliveries.
Issued by Ben Cluny, managing director, Class One Fresh Produce Ltd
Issue no 7 – December 2021